Concussion Diagnosis & Treatment
If you’re experiencing one or more of these symptoms, you may have suffered a concussion:
- Loss of consciousness
- Pressure in the head
- Neck Pain
- Nausea or vomiting
- Dizziness, or balance problems
It is important to schedule an evaluation within 7 days of the injury. Research shows waiting longer can increase your risk of having prolonged symptoms.
As one of the very few clinics in Anchorage offering concussion care with CCMI, we have unique tools and expanded knowledge to help diagnose concussions and create personalized treatment plans.
- Treadmill testing to determine if symptoms are provoked by activity
- Balance, reaction time, visual processing, and neurocognitive testing
- Vestibular (inner ear), oculomotor (eyes) and cervical spine rehabilitation
- Co-management with other medical providers
- Educational resources
Track Your Progress – There’s an App for That!
Download and check out the CCMI Concussion Tracker. Patients can use it to track their progress, share information with their coaches, and be alerted when they’re clear to resume normal activities.
For parents of athletes, we also offer Baseline Testing. This is a series of physical and cognitive tests that give us a clear picture of your athlete’s healthy brain function. The results give us a benchmark to compare to in the event of a concussion. Learn more about it HERE.